Life Underwriter (Remote option or in Waco, TX office)
Sorry, this job has expired.
Are you ready for a new career opportunity with an established insurance industry leader while working from home? American Income Life, a part of the Globe Insurance family of companies has immediate openings for Life Underwriters.
As a Life Underwriter you will analyze and assess risk for insurance applicants to make a final decision on life and health insurance applications within established company guidelines.
• Insurance-related coursework (LOMA, ALU, etc.) a plus
• Minimum of 3 years underwriting experience
• Use of MIB Coding manual
• Use of Swiss Re manual or equivalent
• Familiar with Medical Terminology
• Proficient use of the computer, keyboard functions and Microsoft Excel.
• Must be an outgoing, hard-working self-starter.
• Must have a desire to learn and grow within the company.
• Screen life insurance applications
• Review application data
• Identify pertinent health and consumer applicant history
• Review/analyze consumer data and health/medical records
• Assess and classify risk for insurance applicants
• Apply underwriting principles to render accurate final decision on life and health insurance applications
• Motivated individual with strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer and keyboard skills to include Microsoft Office and the ability to work with multiple systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and meet productivity and quality standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.